Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish But REALLY Want To!!!!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish But REALLY Want To!!!!


I really like this topic...but I am also ashamed of it.
Because...these are all books I REALLY wanted to finish reading! And even own! And even have AUTOGRAPHED, in some cases.

Ummmmmm, I'm just gonna go hide under that rock over there now, mmm'kay? ^^;;;


In No Particular Order...


1) The Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand
I really enjoyed this series and got other people hooked on it, too. I've even met the lovely Cynthia a few times! Buuuuut I'd loaned out the books right before the third one came out, and my friend took most of the year in getting them back to me. And THEN I didn't have time. Now I need to make time to read all three books together, and just...time for THREE books. Not one. THREE!!!

Reviews: UNEARTHLY, HALLOWED, RADIANT 




2) The Seven Realms Quartet by Cinda Williams Chima


I didn't have time to read these until a couple were out, so I decided to wait until all four books in the quartet were out. I put them all on hold at the library and took them home with me...and didn't get a chance to read them!!! Last year, I finally bought a box set of all four books. I hope to read them very soon, maybe even this year if I can squeeze them in!



 

3) The Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix


I had one or two of these books before I went to uni, and everything I bought senior year got boxed up. I'd just randomly bought it and had no clue what a fantasy staple the series was. I started hearing about it again last year when CLARIEL was about to come out and decided to purchase brand-new copies of the series! I'd really love to read all four books!!! They all have been sitting on my nightstand since a signing last year...still waiting... ^^;;;



4) The Knots Sequence Duology by Amy McCulloch 


When I heard about this debut, I HAD to have it. HAD TO. But it was only available in the UK, and I couldn't even import it. Last spring, I was FINALLY able to import the first book and pre-order the second, so I did so instantly (I love Book Depository so much!) Earlier this year, the first book finally hit US shelves...and I really love the covers, so I'm sad I can't have this version since I imported it!!! I'd better read these before book two comes out next year!!!




5) The Name of the Blade Trilogy by Zoë Marriott


I am a huge, huge fan of Zoë Marriott and love her books SO MUCH. When I heard that she was writing a TRILOGY and that it was inspired by Japanese folklore, I wanted it EVEN MORE. I decided to wait and get the books from the US, even though I always import them from the UK. I want Zoë to get bigger here and for Candlewick to promote her now. But it was SUCH a mistake because all three books are out in the UK and we're only getting the second one in the US this fall.

Should I cave!?
 

6) The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson


I read most of the books in this series, and I managed to get a friend hooked. When the new book came out, within two or three days of release, that friend spoiled some really major elements about the end of the book and completely ruined it for me. Since I'm a fast reader, of COURSE I must read every new release right away, right? ^^;;;; #wrong
I still haven't read it, or any of the remaining books in the series. I'm  not sure if I will, either, especially since the series keeps "ending" and then another new book somehow comes out! 





7) The Dragon Chronicles by Ellen Oh


I've been waiting to read this series forever. I didn't have time to read it until the second book was out...and then decided to wait one more year and read them all back-to-back despite my supreme WANT of this series. The final book came out earlier this year, and now I can finally dig in! I just, you know, need TIME.
 

8) The Bhinian Empire Series by Miriam Forster

The series blends original fantasy with court politics and Asian mythology. At the moment, this series is a duology with two companion novels, but I could see a third book tying it all together! I thought the books would be more than companions and thought it was a trilogy, so when I didn't have time to read the first book, I waited. And now I haven't read any! ;_;

 





9) The Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout


I was reading the Covenant series when this came out and...WELL. Jen is a MASTER at the cliffhanger. I couldn't handle having her shred my heart apart in more than one series at a time, so I decided to wait on this one and read everything in one gulp since I was too far into the other series. The final book just came out last fall, and now I just need to make time to read that many books at once!!!
 

10) The Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer


I really love this series about elemental magic despite the not-so-great covers. I was following the author via social media before the first book ever got published and even had an ARC of the first book. I'm always looking forward to each new book, but I never got around to reading the final book in the series...or possibly the final two? ^^;;; But I'd really love to re-read this anyway, so it gives me an excuse, right?





Which of these should I move to the top of my pile?
Are you with me on any of these???
^^;;;;


Comments