Top Ten 2014 Spring TBR Titles

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!
This week's topic:
Top Ten 2014 Spring TBR Titles

Three more days until the first official day of spring. I'm not sure I believe that... 

It's been some winter!

Today's Top 10 post is like a fresh breath of air, though. Spring IS coming...it just doesn't feel like it yet.

So what are ten of the books I'm most anticipating reading in the next quarter? (I'm trying to exclude fairy tales, since you'll be inundated with many of them next month during Fairy Tale Fortnight!)



In no particular order...

1) DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige

One of the books from ALA Midwinter that I was THE MOST EXCITED to pick up. I'm going to start reading this one today, actually! I'm so excited to dig in and discover a whole new take on Oz!
 

2) RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo

Because it is the final book and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, so this one comes out 3 days before Summer begins. Maybe it will be a Summer read...buuuut I am going to want to read it THE DAY I get it, so it should still count for Spring!!! 
My Review: SHADOW AND BONE, SIEGE AND STORM


3) THE RING AND THE CROWN by Melissa de la Cruz


I plan to read this one within the next week. I brought it to work with me over the weekend, but I just finished reading another high fantasy novel, THE KISS OF DECEPTION by Mary E. Pearson, and it gave me the biggest book hangover. I just CAN'T read another high fantasy just yet...
But oh, how I want to read this one!!!
 

4) TAKE ME ON by Katie McGarry 

I am not a contemporary fangirl. But I AM a Katie McGarry fangirl. Her books are AMAZING, and I've been looking forward to reading about Wes. It's finally almost here!!!
My Review: PUSHING THE LIMITS, CRASH INTO YOU, CROSSING THE LINE



5) A CREATURE OF MOONLIGHT by Rebecca Hahn



I mentioned how excited I was about this book last year, but still haven't had time to read my ARC. I'm planning to read and review it during a big event coming mid-June!
Dragons! A blurb from Kristin Cashore!! What more is needed!?


6) THREATS OF SKY AND SEA by Jennifer Ellison


I love following Jennifer on Twitter, and her debut novel sounds AWESOME.
Elemental magic! Traitors to the thrown! Kings! Armies! Assassins! Um....how can I NOT want this!?


7) SEALER'S PROMISE by Kathy Coleman


I love Kathy's blog, and when I heard she was writing a Beauty and the Beast story, I immediately wanted it. It has a great cover and its launch is finally almost here!


8) REBEL BELLE by Rachel Hawkins


Rachel Hawkins! Assassins!
Finally, the book I've been waiting for since it's publishing deal was announced in 2010 is real!!!
I received a copy at ALA that I'm eager to dig into!!!
My Review: HEX HALL, DEMONGLASS, SPELL BOUND
 

9) LOVE LETTERS TO THE DEAD by Ava Dellaira


It has been blurbed by contemporary heavyweight champions such as Stephen Chbosky, Laurie Halse Anderson, Jay Asher, Gayle Forman, and Lauren Myracle. How could I NOT be drooling over this one? 
 I'm only ashamed I haven't already devoured my ARC, since it's been begging to be read for so long now! *begs for a contemporary mood to strike*


10) SHE IS NOT INVISIBLE by Marcus Sedgwick


Another contemporary ARC begging for my love. I just need that mood to strike!
I've never read Sedgwick before, but I know he can write! In 2011, he was a Printz Honor Winner for REVOLVER, and he's this year's Printz Award Winner for MIDWINTERBLOOD.
I wanted to read SHE IS NOT INVISIBLE  before I knew these things about him, though...heck, before he even won this year's coveted Printz!
For one thing, the main character is blind. I've always gravitated towards books where the character has the odds stacked against him/her due to a disability, and so I'm already hooked!



What books are you looking forward to reading this Spring? ^_^

Comments

  1. OK! I want to read all of these. No surprise, I guess. ;)

    Ruin and Rising is definitely on my MUST BE READ THE MINUTE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON IT list - I just wasn't sure if that would be Spring or not. Ring and the Crown sounds so good and I am mad I forgot it for my list.

    I just found A Creature of Moonlight on someone else's TTT today and immediately added it to my TBR. That sounds so freaking good. And what is this Threats of Sky and Sea of which you speak... back to Goodreads! ;)

    Rebel Belle - how did I NOT realize that was written by Rachel Hawkins. I've been living under a rock! I love her! I can't wait to see what you think of Love Letters to the Dead - definitely intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Because we share a reading BRAIN!!!! The minute, the minute, the minute...is there an echo in here!? Ahhh, I'm so mad that my plans for THE RING AND THE CROWN are delayed atm, lol! Wheee, new books for you!!! I'll have to tell you as soon as I get to LOVE LETTERS!

      Delete
  2. Great list! Ruin and Rising is definitely one I'll be reading right away, but I think I have to wait until June, which I'm not happy about. I'm sure it will be so good that I won't mind the wait once it's over. ;) I really enjoyed A Creature of Moonlight and reviewed it really early. I thought it was written so well. There aren't a lot of dragons - just so you know not to expect that. Love Letters to the Dead I was really hoping to like, but it just wasn't for me.

    Thanks for stopping by! Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Shadow and Bone, so I really need to get on with reading the second book as well and third during the summer! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Letters to the Dead is one I'm interested in. I was really hoping your post was full of fairy tales. I can't wait until next month for Fairy Tale fortnight, but it is far enough away I still can get a fairy tale read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe I left Take Me On off my list. Katie McGarry's books are always a favorite of mine. I really want to read Rebel Belle too - it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I will start Dorothy in the next few days as well and I'm excited for both of them! And I'll let you know, Rebel Belle is just as good as you think it will be! I gave it five stars! I think you'll love it!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! It is like half of our list is the same!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pre-ordered Ruin and Rising months ago lol and I can't wait for it! I will be stalking my front door waiting for that package to finally arrive =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list! I see so many books that I want to read this spring but forgot to add to my list.
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT post.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need more Katie McGarry in my life. I'm also really excited for Dorothy Must Die. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so so much for including ToSaS on your list!!! I am with you on wanting some of these other titles desperately. I particularly need Ruin & Rising NAO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!