{Mad About Nails} 11 Polishes Fit For Any Land Mermaid!

Check out the Splash into Summer Main Pages at 
A Backwards Story, and Mermaid Vision Books 
where you can access the schedule!
You can also go here to get involved!
&
I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc., and had a realization: Why not do a feature on nail polish? It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun. Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).

Welcome back to another edition of Mad About Nails! 

I've rounded up 11 of my favorite polishes to share with you so that your digits can look splash-tastic! The swishier the nails, the more likelier you are to attract a mermaid's attention when you're at the beach!



Here's a video showing off these colors!
(Or keep reading below!):


These two are POWERHOUSES for
long-lasting manicures!  One lasted
1.5 weeks, the other for 2!!!
The paper in the video is being held down from the wind with two of my favorite Polish Musts:

ORLY "Bonder" basecoat and Revlon "Quick Dry Top Coat."

Together, this combo has made my nails last, on average, 1.5 to 2 weeks. They're both awesome!

Check out the picture and video at the bottom of the page to see the way last week's polish looked after 1.5 weeks with this great duo!


Here's a look at all of the polishes I swatched onto paper. These may look slightly different on the nail, and will certainly look different when paired with another color or layered up!


Polishes swatched:


"Mermaid's Tale" by Sally Hansen
"Mermaid's Tale" by JulieG
"Mermaid Tale" by ORLY
"Mermaid Magic" by Hard Candy
"Mermaid to Order" by Sephora by OPI
"Sparkle Diva" by e.l.f.
"In the Spotlight" by Sinful Colors
"Never Hide" by Piggy Polish
Underwater Fantasy by Sephora by OPI
"Teal We Meet Again" by Sephora by OPI
"Frida" by Zoya (Since it's talked about in my Jelly Sandwich!)

Curious about the polish I'm wearing in the video?

Check out last week's Mad About Nails video, "Mermaid Jelly Sandwich" for full details on this easy-to-do beauty.


With ORLY "Bonder" and Revlon "Quick Dry Top Coat," I had this on for a week and a half with only tip wear, a couple of small cracks, and no chipping!

Take a look:

Chipping after 1.5 weeks with ORLY "Bonder" basecoat and
Revlon "Quick Dry Top Coat."

And a video with a little more detail:


This is truly my favorite combo that I've found for long-lasting polish that looks great!

 Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish? What are you wearing right now?

Comments

  1. Awesome post! Thanks for the tips :) I've been meaning to do my nails. I might try some of these!

    I'm a follower with a new blog. Come check me out!
    http://readingbymoonlight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!