{Cover/Synopsis Reveal} DEATHSWORN by Leah Cypess




Another author I love and shamelessly cyber-stalk on Twitter has a new book coming out for me to love!

I've been a fan of Leah Cypess since first reading her debut novel MISTWOOD back when The Enchanted Inkpot was on LiveJournal.


I've since read NIGHTSPELL and reviewed it here, as well as featured a guest post with Leah during last year's Fairy Tale Fortnight!

I was really excited earlier this month when her  novella BURIED ABOVE GROUND, set in the world of NIGHTSPELL, released, though it came out during Splash and I haven't had time to r&r yet. ;_;



And now?

Recently, Leah Cypess announced that she'd sold a new series, the first book of which will be called DEATHSWORN. Plus there are assassins, and I've read--and want to read--some great assassin novels atm, so I've been coveting this forever. The time is finally approaching where it will be in my greedy little hands!

I don't know how long ago this was "officially" revealed, but surfing around on Goodreads today, I noticed something!

We now have a synopsis.
We now have a shiny cover.

Want to see?  Keep reading!


What are your thoughts about the covers? 

I am intrigued and want to know more! I love the way the cover is "framed," giving us two intriguing images to stare at.

Where to look first?

At the elaborate etching work or all that's going on in the background?
That place looks creepy, mysterious, and oh-so-intriguing.

I want to know more already and would totally blind-look at this title based on cover alone in the store. How about you?




O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title: DEATHSWORN
Author: Leah Cypess
Release Date: March 4, 2014
Publisher: Greenwillow Books / HarperCollins

SUMMARY:

When Ileni lost her magic, she lost everything: her place in society, her purpose in life, and the man she had expected to spend her life with. So when the Elders sent her to be magic tutor to a secret sect of assassins, she went willingly, even though the last two tutors had died under mysterious circumstances. 

But beneath the assassins’ caves, Ileni will discover a new place and a new purpose… and a new and dangerous love. She will struggle to keep her lost magic a secret while teaching it to her deadly students, and to find out what happened to the two tutors who preceded her. But what she discovers will change not only her future, but the future of her people, the assassins… and possibly the entire world.

Comments

  1. Oh, pretty cover! I'm looking forward to this one lots!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!