GRACELING Optioned for Film!

Bookworms, I am so excited.

One of my all-time favorite YA fantasy novels, GRACELING by Kristin Cashore, has been optioned for film!

When I saw the news on Kristin's blog last week, I did the happy dance of joy, and I've told so many people this week that I thought I should mention it here, too.

Now, an option doesn't mean the film will see the light of day because a lot of things have to line up, but all of this is already lined up:
(Pulled from the blog)

I've gotten the go-ahead to announce that India-based Reliance Entertainment is developing Graceling into a movie. From this press release at Variety: "producer Deepak Nayar ('Paranoia') will oversee the project for Reliance and Kintop Pictures and will produce alongside Tabrez Noorani ('Life of Pi') of Tamasha Talkies and Leigh Ann Burton for Blu-Sky Media. British screenwriter Piers Ashworth ('Nostradamus') will write the script. Here's a USA Today mention, and one in the Wall Street Journal.


At the moment, it's a little hard to see a live action adaptation of GRACELING in my head...though not as hard as it is to envision FIRE!  I hope they do a great job.  I'm tentatively excited, how about you?

Comments