Mad About Nails: Happy St. Patty's Day!

I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc., and had a realization: Why not do a feature on nail polish? It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun. Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).

Welcome back to another edition of Mad About Nails! 

I'm not Irish, but today IS my dad's birthday...and his favorite color is green...sooooooooo.


Sorry the updates have been slow.  When I have free time, I'm doing a lot of prep for Fairy Tale Fortnight, which begins a week from today!  I'm really excited, and I hope you are, too!

To celebrate today, here are my green nails for the week:



The last two days were stormy/snowy, and today is shaping up to be sunny, but I have to leave for work soon, and it's too early to go outside and film/take pictures, etc.

Sorry for today's poor lighting!

I'm still using Sally Hansen Nail Nutrition Green Tea + Olive Growth as my base coat, because I'm STILL trying to get my nails to a healthy state again. I have off next week, and I'm thinking about going bare, re-applying this every other day, since there will be no one to see...

Today's base color is "Bonsai" from Revlon ColorStay.  I have a light coat of "Blasted" from Sephora by OPI on top.  It was supposed to shatter, but didn't really do so.  I don't know if it's because the polish is from when it first came out a year (Or is it two now?) ago, or because it's a glitter... It shattered a little better on my right hand:

Indoor lightning!


Here's a look at all of the supplies for this look:


What I love:

This shade of green from Revlon is so much fun, like sour apple.  I could have worn it on its own!

When the green and gold hit the light together, they really sparkle.  It's like I'm looking at a pot of gold!

Here's the best shot of  "sparkle" I could get against the window this morning:



What I wish could be better:


"Blasted" didn't shatter well, especially on my left hand.  I don't know if it's because the formula is getting old or because glitter notoriously doesn't shatter as well as more opaque colors.  It did create a fun illusion, though, so in certain lighting, you can't really tell if my nails are green or gold.

 I do kind of wish I'd stayed with just the green now, though.  I was going to do a shattered tip, but it wasn't shattering and looked weird, so I just did the whole nail instead...


 Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish? What are you wearing right now?

Comments

  1. Lovely nail polish! It's so cute, color green is awesome! I'm wearing a pink nail polish now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!