Mythological Mondays: The Son of Sobek by Rick Riordan

Mythological Mondays is a feature I created to spotlight books brimming with--you guessed it--mythology! I adore this sub-genre and can't wait to share my love with all of my fellow bookworms! This feature isn't just focused on novel reviews; it may also include interviews, looks at original mythological tales, etc. Please feel free to do this with me! If you guys ever do a mythological feature and want to join this and snag my lovely mermaid, I would LOVE to see the feature. Leave a comment for us all to see! It doesn’t have to be Greek mythology, or even mythology per say. It can be mermaids, unicorns, or heck, even fairy tales (because I’m too lazy to do a separate fairy tale feature…). It doesn’t even have to be every Monday. I’m sure there will be Mondays when I skip, too!

So, Mythological Mondays is still in the process of getting a face lift as it moves to A Twist in the Tail on Tuesdays, but I'm still working out the banner, which is begin difficult.  I really wanted to share some news that broke during A Week of Little Red (but obviously didn't want to post it on top of all those posts!), so I broke out the feature.

One of the best writers of modern-day mythological fiction that I've encountered is Rick Riordan.

When I saw Rick Riordan announce on his blog that this year's paperback release of THE SERPENT'S SHADOW was coming with an exclusive 40-page short story entitled THE SON OF SOBEK pairing together Carter Kane (from The Kane Chronicles) and Percy Jackson (from Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus), I was stoked.

What Rick Riordan fan hasn't been secretly hoping for a clash between Egyptian and Greek mythologies?  I was so excited when I first read THE RED PYRAMID and saw the secret shout-out to the Percy Jackson... series (Something about Manhattan having other gods and other problems...).

While THE SON OF SOBEK will first be released exclusively with the paperback, it will be available as both an e-book and an audiobook (Read by Riordan himself!) sometime this summer.

There's a lot more information from Publisher's Weekly as well, 

I'm excited.  Are you??

Comments

  1. I am so excited about this!! And you're right, when there was a mention of something in Manhattan the first thing I thought was the possibility of a crossover, so this news has me all happy and looking forward to read the Son of Sobek

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!