Mad About Nails: The Glittery Trio Edition

 
Welcome to my brand-new feature!  I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past month and ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc.  So recently when I was in NYC and some book bloggers were commenting on my nails, I had a realization:  Why not do a feature on nail polish?  It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun.  Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).  What do you think?  I think I'm officially toeing the "too crazy" line now...

Even though the end result was sort of an accident and not what I was initially planning, I think my nails came out really cute this week! I'm surprised by the amount of compliments I've received, too.  I've even had someone ask if I got them professionally done and someone else who thought they must have taken me a really long time to do (they didn't)!

Check out the following video to see what colors I used, or read my description  below!

The first half of the video features my nails right after I did them, but the picture right here to my left and the nails in the second half of the video feature the nail polish after one week and one day of application.  They've held up REALLY well, though they'll probably start chipping this weekend, which is sad, but also good, since I received a nail stamping set for my birthday yesterday and can't wait to try it out.  Whoot!




Aren't they cute?  I used ULTA's five-piece PopAganda set (only $9.95 for all five!) in "Bang!," "Bam!," and "Wham!"  I was also planning to use "Ka-Pow!" and "Zoom!," but my nails aren't long enough for a full, five-stripe manicure.  And THEN I was going to try a water marbling technique on top, but the black I chose is too thick to marble well.  I need to buy another black, I guess!
If you look closely, you can see some black from the bad marbling job on my thumb towards the edge and shimmering beneath the yellow "Wham!" polish.  When I turn my nails over, you can see some pink "Ka-Pow!" because I started with a pink tip, then re-did it with the blue "Bang!" to make everything pop.  I put the glittery "Jewelry Heist" from Wet n Wild's Spoiled line on top to bring the look together and hide all the flaws.  I think it's cute!


The second half of the video showcases the nail supply haul I snagged this week at Sally's Beauty Supply and the Dollar Tree, from nail thinner to cosmetic wedges for sponging on polish!  I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube and have found so many cute things to try out!

 Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish? What are you wearing right now?

Comments