{FTF Waiting on Wednesday}: THE SWEETEST SPELL by Suzanne Selfors


Welcome to Fairy Tale Fortnight, home of fairy tale lovers everywhere!
Check out my daily schedule of events!
Check out what The Book Rat & Basically Amazing Books have in store as well!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. This event highlights our most-wanted upcoming releases!

Title: THE SWEETEST SPELL
Author: Suzanne Selfors
Release Date: Aug. 21, 2012
Publisher: Walker/Bloomsbury

 

WHY?

I've heard that this one is a retelling of The Ugly Duckling, though the summary would lead me to believe this was a retelling of a different tale.  Maybe it's a mash-up of multiple tales, I don't know.  Either way, I'm excited to read this one.  It sounds AWESOME!

I think I first added it to my Wishlist after seeing Small Review talk about it, but don't quote me on that.

The summary makes me wish that I could transform milk into chocolate.  Mm, but maybe dark chocolate.  I'm not a huge fan of milk chocolate (aahhh, I get it now!  milk chocolate!) on its own...unless it's combined with peanut butter or pretzels or something to give it some variety!

This story sounds fabulous, and I'm glad that Suzanne Selfors has found her way to the fairy tale world!


SUMMARY: 


Emmeline Thistle has always had a mysterious bond with cows, beginning on the night of her birth, when the local bovines saved the infant cast aside to die in the forest. But Emmeline was unaware that this bond has also given her a magical ability to transform milk into chocolate, a very valuable gift in a kingdom where chocolate is more rare and more precious than gold or jewels. Then one day Owen Oak, a dairyman’s son, teaches Emmeline to churn milk into butter—and instead she creates a delicious chocolate confection that immediately makes her a target for every greedy, power-hungry person in the kingdom of Anglund. Only Owen loves Emmeline for who she truly is, not her magical skill. But is his love enough to save her from the danger all around her?

In a departure from her contemporary teen romances, Suzanne Selfors crafts an irresistible re-imagined fairy tale that will tempt readers with a delicious story of love that is sweeter than the richest chocolate.


What are you anxiously waiting for this Wednesday?

Comments

  1. When I first heard about this book, I literally almost laughed out loud, because the description synopsis sounds kind of ridiculous. Cows aren't the most common creatures to have a connection with, and I couldn't make the connection between chocolate milk and the ugly duckling, but I'm still really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title. I mean, if there is a "Sweetest" in the title, it probably is made of win anyway, but seriously. :D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was so super fun. I'm going to be doing a mini-rev for FTF and a full review closer to the release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower, I've had my eye on this for a while now and picked as one of the books in my wow a little while back, great pick, my wow

    http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a very clever book! Oooo, now I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!