Week in Review & IMM



IN MY MAILBOX: 12.18.11



In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren because:

"I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved! Every week I'd share the books I received that week... ones I'd bought, or gotten at the library, and ones that I'd receive to review on the blog. That way I could mention titles that might not otherwise get some face-time on The Story Siren..."

I find the same thing happening at A Backwards Story. I'm so backed up on reviews atm... That's why I like these videos!


CURRENT GIVEAWAY:

Check back soon!  And winners of the last giveaway coming this week!  Stay tuned :)



READING NOW:


*HALLOWED by Cynthia Hand
*KISS OF FROST by Jennifer Estep [temporarily put aside]


[link to my GoodReads account so you can see my blurb feed as I read]

READ THIS WEEK:

*GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers [ARC; out April 3, 2012]
*ASHA IN TIME by Mandy Nachampassack-Maloney
*UNEARTHLY by Cynthia Hand




REVIEWED THIS WEEK:

*FIRST FROST by Jennifer Estep [mini-review]

(Wow...I'm lame this week.  Sorry!!  Holiday Craze!)
FEATURES THIS WEEK:

*Movie Poster REVEALED: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
*Cover Crazy: VESSEL by Sarah Beth Durst
*Mythological Mondays: FIRST FROST
*Cover Art REVEALED: JUST FOR FINS by Tera Lynn Childs
*The Next Disney Princess REVEALED
*Waiting on Wednesday: ABOVE WORLD
*Songs of the Season ♪♪♪ (Featuring one of *my* favorite holiday songs.  Find out which one now!)
RECEIVED THIS WEEK:







Loot:

This week was a big ARC week.  Thank you to Macmillan, Spencer Hill, and Hannah L. Clark/KinStone Publishing for the amazing packages this week.  It felt like the holidays came early!!  (Though I couldn't wait to unwrap such lovelies...)


ARCs:
(All links go to Goodreads!)

*INCARNATE swag from author Jodi Meadows
*COBBOGOTH by Hannah L. Clark (Both signed!  One for me, one for GIVEAWAY!)  [Dec. 03, 2012; thanks to Hannah L. Clark/KinStone Publishing!] 
*Spencer Hill Press Swag
*PURE by Jennifer L. Armentrout [Apr. 03, 2012; thanks to Spencer Hill Press!]
(Mentioned/Shown: HALF-BLOOD by Jennifer L. Armentrout; reviewed here)
*UNconVENTIONAL edited by Kate Kaynak and Trisha Wooldridge [Jan. 15, 2012; thanks to Spencer Hill Press!]
*STRUCK by Jennifer Bosworth [May 08, 2012; thanks to Macmillan/Farrar, Straus and Giroux!]
*OF POSEIDON by Anna Banks [May 22, 2012; thanks to Macmillan/Feiwel & Friends!]
(Mentioned: Marissa Meyer, author of CINDER, out Jan. 03!!)
*52 REASONS TO HATE MY FATHER by Jessica Brody [July 03, 2012; thanks to Macmillan/Farrar, Straus and Giroux!]
(Mentioned/Shown: Brody's previous novels MY LIFE UNDECIDED (review coming in January!) & THE KARMA CLUB (reviewed here)
*BEFORE YOU GO by James Preller [July 17, 2012; thanks to Macmillan/Feiwel & Friends!]
*MONSTROUS BEAUTY by Elizabeth Fama [Aug. 21, 2012; thanks to Macmillan/Farrar, Straus and Giroux!]
*THE RAFT by S.A. Bodeen [Aug. 21, 2012; thanks to Macmillan/Feiwel & Friends!]









What did you get in your mailbox this week?

Comments

  1. So many books. I haven't heard of a number of them. (I'm reading Hallowed now too - next up - Incarnate!!!)

    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake. - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Of Poseidon! I hope you enjoying Halllowed. I loved it. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO many books I want. They all look awesome. Great mailbox. I'm very jealous that you got Pure. I didn't get as much as you did.


    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you scored this week. I wish I'd be half as lucky. I will look forward to hearing your thoughts, especially on Pure. I have that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I picked up Unearthly the other week.. can't wait to get started on it!

    And so many ARCs! Really excited about Incarnate and Of Poseidon!

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot of cool stuff this week! I hope you enjoy everything! Come check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-13_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you got so much! Looks like the holidays did come early :) I hope you enjoy all you got!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah! I want both Struck and Incarnate! Happy Reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I think I love this cover more than the red shoe one...sigh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!