Movie News: THE BORROWERS will be animated!

I just saw a movie trailer that brought me back to my childhood. One of my favorite books growing up was THE BORROWERS by Mary Norton and the accompanying sequels.

I'm also a big fan of Studio Ghibli, which brought us spectacular animated movies such as SPIRITED AWAY and HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE (based on the fabulous book of the same title by Diana Wynne Jones [May she rest in peace!!]). Disney has done a lovely job translating these Japanese movies into English and sharing them with us.



I was really excited to find a trailer for the next Ghibli movie coming State-side and see that it's THE SECRET WORLD OF ARRIETTY, releasing (in English) on February 17 2012!



While I wish the movie kept the title of the book rather than use the main character's name, I'm still really excited. I believe this book was turned into a live-action movie in the 90s, but it's truly suited for animation.

I want to see this and re-visit my childhood!

And if I needed one MORE reason to rejoice? Hand-animated. Oh, how I've gotten sick of all these CG characters, stunning as they might appear...


Want to see what all the fuss is about? Check out the brand-new trailer:



Comments

  1. I already knew about this anime and can't wait to see it so badly. Love Studio Ghibli flims so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the trailer this week too and was super excited! Ponyo is in my top 5 favorite animated films (bonus points for Little Mermaid connection!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't watched Sprited Away and Howl's Moving Castle yet. Ack. Keep forgetting to look for a copy when I go to the mall. lolz. Thanks for the buzz about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. l love his movies and i hope he never stops making films. its magical and unexpected with all that will blow u away with his masterpieces. good work!


    Alex Frisch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!