Word Count Wednesday (2)



Word Count Wednesday is my way of sharing my weekly writing progress with you and holding myself accountable for not giving up.

So without further ado, this week's "Word Count" for Super-Secret Project/Codename: FIZZYPOP:
(Why Fizzypop? IDEK...it sounds fun!)



This week: 16 pages
Total to Date: 47 pages
Start Date: March 2, 2011


How far is this in terms of a word count? I'm not sure. I get 150-400 words per page depending on how small I'm writing and/or how many cross-outs I have. I always write in my notebook before I type everything up! (Plus, that gets me an extra round of editing!)

I didn't write anything last week when I was sick. I can't be as awesome as Lauren DeStefano (who says that she wrote the first draft of Wither while ill). When I'm sick, the last thing I want to do is use what little energy I have to write. I did get in a bit of reading, though, which is good, because some of my netGalley stuff was expiring!

Today, I was able to introduce a character who won't really be 'introduced' until a later book. We just get a hint now. Very exciting! I also had my big snafu that I'll have to revise in the first round of edits. I said that my main male protagonist had three sisters and was totally used to girls, but as I entered another scene, I realized that this was impossible. He's totally an only child and it's why he has as little tact as he does. It's his roommate who shall have all the siblings. Good thing to know! Other than that...well, today's writing was a little like pulling teeth. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!




Do you have a WIP at the moment? What was your word count this week? To date? Let's support one another!

Comments

  1. Well done on keeping up that word count! And I'm sorry you were sick. Being sick SUCKS SO MUCH!

    Keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it! *gags* I'm amazed at people who can keep it up while sick like DeStefano!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!