Word Count Wednesday (1)



Hey Bookworms! It's time for another new feature. This one's writing-related rather than book, but they're two sides of the same coin, so it still counts, right? Right!

Recently, a fellow writing friend of mine, Marissa Meyer (whose Spring 2012 debut novel, Cinder, you should ALL have on your MUST READ list, especially if you like fairytales...and futuristic stories...and androids...and...), mentioned that she hadn't seen me post about my writing progress (on my private journal) lately despite the fact that I'd recently started a new project.

And...that's true. I really don't post my word count. For one thing, I tend to write by hand first and then type everything up later. Double the work, yes, but as I type, I get in the first wave of editing. It works for me. *shrug*

Anyway, I thought it was a good idea to post a weekly entry such as this one to share my progress with anyone interested in my writing journey. Maybe someday, it will be published and I'll be living my dream!

So without further ado, my Word Count for Super-Secret Project/Codename: FIZZYPOP:
(Why Fizzypop? IDEK...it sounds fun!)



This week: I wrote 9 notebook pages today!
Total to Date: So far, I've written a total of 31 pages (3 chapters)
Start Date: March 2, 2011


How far is this in terms of a word count? I'm not sure. I get 150-400 words per page depending on how small I'm writing and/or how many cross-outs I have. I should be a little further along than I am, but I didn't write much of anything this past week. I was having trouble with a scene leading from Chapter Two into Chapter Three. I'm still having trouble, so today I decided to skip it for now and come back later when I have fresh eyes.




Do you have a WIP at the moment? What was your word count this week? To date? Let's support one another!

Comments