Get an advance copy of "Wither" by Lauren Destefano while donating to a good cause!

This book is gorgeous. You know it, I know it, we all know it! Who isn't dying to get their grubby little mitts on a copy later this month? I just about had a heart attack today when I went into work for the first time in a week and saw an ARC sitting in our ARC pile. I literally freaked out and grabbed it and couldn't say anything but, "It's mine" over and over. It's MY precious. I'm already fifty pages into the sucker and if I didn't have to work late tonight and open tomorrow morning, I'd be staying up late! Demonglass who now?

/ends freaking out

The real news:

If you want to get your paws on your own early copy of Wither, Lauren Destefano is making it really easy: Ten copies of the hardcover will be put on ebay, one each day for ten days. 100% of the proceeds will go to Destefano's local animal shelter. How cool is that? I need to remember this idea for when/if I ever publish a book!

Here's the link to the copies currently up for auction.

And here is the message Destefano posted on ebay:

Love animals, but are too allergic to cuddle with them in person? Feel guilty when those Sarah McLachlan commercials come on? Hate animals but love to read? Love books AND animals?! Well, this is the auction for you!


This auction is for a hardcover copy of my book, WITHER, the first in the Chemical Garden Trilogy. The publisher is Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, and it will also be sold in 16 additional countries following the US release. It does not hit stores until March 22nd, which means that you have an opportunity to have it before the REST OF THE WORLD. Show it off to your friends. Take it on blind dates. Put it in a meat dress and teach it Lady Gaga songs. The possibilities are limitless. It has a nifty feature on the back that interacts with your smartphone to unlock hidden extras.


Why am I auctioning off my own book before it hits stores? Because 100% of the proceeds will go to my local animal shelter, Halfway Home Rescue; you can visit them on the web at www.halfwayhomeonline.com. It's a wonderful no-kill shelter, from which I've adopted three cats, and is very near and dear to my heart. I will not in any way personally profit from this auction.


I will be listing a book a day for ten days beginning March 1st, the proceeds of which will all go to the aforementioned charity.



If you'd like the book to be personalized, leave me a note when you checkout and I will do that at no additional charge. That means if you want the book to read "I love you, Great Aunt Phyllis" I'll write it; or if you want a doodle of a plush dinosaur destroying a lego tower above my signature, I will make that happen for you! If there's no note, the book will simply be signed by me.



What an awesome lady!!!

Comments