Cover Crazy (5)




Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."



I've been in love with Mary Lindsey's beautiful cover for Shattered Souls, her debut novel, for quite a while. I keep meaning to post it here, but something else always comes out. So finally, here it is. IMO, this is one of the best 2011 covers so far. It's GORGEOUS.



Why I Love This Cover:

Isn't it beautiful? I love the way the girl's body is made up of petals that break apart as your eyes move down her torso. It fits in with the "Shattered" part of the title. (I also love the way the title is shattered into fragments. Very creative!) I love the vivid color and the way the petals fade at the bottom. I love the way the petals shape her torso like a dress. It's just a fantastic, drool-worthy cover. Absolutely stunning!!!

What do you think? What cover are you crazy about this week?


[Shattered Souls is scheduled to hit a bookstore near you on Dec. 8, 2011.]

Comments

  1. I've seen this cover around and I love it! I like all the flower petals and how they morph on this cover image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost posted this cover as well! I do love it I love the petal effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is gorgeous! I haven't seen this book cover or heard about the book before but now I will :) The petals are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover is beautiful. I'm with you, I like how the cover/font incorporate the "shattered" feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover! I especially love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Shattered Souls looks absolutely AMAZING! I think it may be one of my favourite covers ever - it's so eye-catching and gorgeous. I have high expectations for this book! <3

    And thank you so much for your comments on my blog! Your awesomeness made my day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!