Book Loot (4)

It's that time of month again, bookworms. Instead of snapping pictures of everything and clogging up space, I did a video entry. After all, I have to justify buying a camcorder, right? ^^; Anyway, I talk a little about what drew me to each book in the video, but if you want to skip that, you can click the Goodreads link associated with each book title.

Have you read any of these? Are they on your wish lists? I taped this last week, so I already have a couple of new books. Oops...?

Anyway, sorry I've been MIA this week. Between being sick and working, I haven't had much free time. I was supposed to have yesterday and today off, but wound up working yesterday. Today, I caught up on blog entries, cleaned the house, and finished reading Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney (review to come). I still need to review a couple of things on here, too! And I still need to reply to some emails... Sorry! ^^;; I might not get to it until Monday or Tuesday before work...

Anyway, time for the loot!



F r o m A u t h o r s :

*The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (August 2011)
*The Childe by C.A. Kunz (available now)

**Video entry detailing these two packages here.

B o r r o w e d :

*Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

A R C s

*Wither by Lauren DeStefano

I also got quite a few e-ARCs courtesy of netGalley. Too many to list, but the next..oh, let's say five...books I'll probably read will be Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini, The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter, Bumped by Megan McCafferty, A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine, and Like Clockwork by Bonnie Dee. I also received a couple of books from Simon and Schuster's Galley Grab. I'll start reading Red Glove by Holly Black this weekend.

P u r c h a s e d :

*These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
*Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney
*Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren (Small Review and Eleusinian Mysteries have great reviews of this fantasy novel, so I MUST read it ASAP!)
*Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster
*Words by Ginny L. Yttrup
*Looks by Madeleine George (That Cover Girl brought this book to my attention. She even got an interview with the cover designer!)
Mistress Fortune by Arina Tanemura
*Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret by Liz Kessler
*White Cat by Holly Black
*Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
*Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales by Tamora Pierce
*Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier
*The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

E - b o o k s

*The Sevenfold Spell by Tia Nevitt ($2.99)
*Eye Candy by Tera Lynn Childs ($0.99)
Straight Stalk by Tera Lynn Childs ($0.99)

Plus, I also got a lot of free books from Smashwords for E-book Appreciation week.

R a n d o m S t u f f :

*Emily Windsnap (by Liz Kessler) corrugated display topper
*Peter Rabbit (by Beatrix Potter) lunch tote

Comments

  1. AAh I love your video!! You sound adorable :) Almost as adorable as your Peter Rabbit bag, which is an overload of cuteness!

    Thank you for the mention! Waterfall is a debut. She's written adult fic before, but this is her first YA book. It is YA, btw. I hope you love it!

    Your book prices made me smile. I'm a huge bargain hunter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi Picoult is my favorite author, too! Her son is an Egyptology major at Yale, so we're both pursuing the same degree. What is your favorite of her work? For me, it's a tie between The Pact (the first book I ever read by her) and Plain Truth. But I also loved Second Glance.

    You got some awesome books! I just ordered Wither, so I'm waiting for that to be delivered. I am so excited to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Small Review:

    Aw, thanks! I always hate the sound of my voice. At least on the camcorder, it doesn't sound so babyish. Everyone at work always makes fun of me when I use the loudspeaker. I swear, I must sound a lot younger than I am! @_@

    Isn't the Peter Rabbit bag adorable? I'm in LURVE! Love at first sight, no less. Had to have it that INSTANT!

    Thanks for confirming that Waterfall is a debut. I wasn't sure of genre because B&N lists it as Juvenile, Religion and not as Teen fiction. I wasn't sure which genre it was! I can't wait to love it! I would have read it last week, but I grabbed Dark Mirror off the shelf (they're right next to each other) and was too lazy to go back over, lol!

    YAY bargain hunters!!!

    @Book Nook:

    Isn't Jodi amazing? Didn't one of her earlier books deal with an excavation? It's been too many years since I read some of her books. I really need to go back and re-read... I didn't know that her son was an Egyptology major. That's really cool! Maybe someday you'll work with him :)

    My top two books by anybody are both by her--My Sister's Keeper and Keeping Faith. Perfect Match and Salem Falls are my other two favorites, but I also love all of your favorites--The Pact, Plain Truth, and Second Glance. I don't know, I love her oldest books the best! Is that just me?

    I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Wither!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! So many books. l still have Mike A. Lancaster's book to read! Hope you enjoy all these =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!