Who Do You Love?


Happy Valentine's Day, my loves!

In the last year that I’ve been blogging, I’ve read many novels with romances designed to make readers swoon. Just this past week, I re-read Jane Austen’s literary classic, Pride and Prejudice.
This week, I’d like to express my love for several of the books that have made my heart pound since last Valentine’s Day (in ABC order):

***I chose ten because, well, that’s what fit to form a heart! Unfortunately, I couldn’t choose everything! I’m sorry if something isn’t on here ;_; Heck, there are books I read and never reviewed that deserve to be on here! I stuck with titles I’ve reviewed so you could read up on why they’re so great if you so choose ^_^



Delirium by Lauren Oliver: My current obsession. What if love was considered a disease that everyone had to be “cured” of? The characters are gorgeously-written and you truly feel for them!

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst: In my opinion, the best version of East of the Sun, West of the Moon. Love blossoms and unfolds where there was once none before our very eyes. Features a strong heroine who will go to the ends of the earth to save the man she loves. (This is labeled “Teen,” but has very mature content.)

The False Princess by Eilis O’Neal: Quietly romantic, the reader discovers first love alongside the characters. O’Neal explores not just romantic love, but love of a kingdom, of family, of friends…of everything we cherish in life.

Fang by James Patterson: FINALLY, the romance all Maximum Ride fans have been waiting for gets under way in the series sixth installment. The cliffhanger is deadly, and Patterson knew it. His Valentine’s gift to his readers? Releasing the seventh book, Angel, TODAY. Go out and buy it. Seriously. Right now. I plan to. You will not tear me away from this book tonight! (And there’d better be answers!! ...What do you mean that this is the penultimate book and we won't know everything until NEXT YEAR!? Didn't you know the world is ending in 2012? Tell us now! Please?)

Firelight by Sophie Jordan: A new kind of paranormal romance featuring a female draki (form of dragon) who can transform into a human and hide among us. Features a strong female heroine who falls for the absolute wrong kind of guy...a dragon hunter whose family would like nothing more than to kill her.

Heart’s Blood by Juliet Marillier: Perhaps my favorite romance novel in the past year. A new take on the classic fairytale Beauty and the Beast, this historical fantasy novel is lush and full of Celtic folklore. (Shelved in the adult fantasy section due to mature themes)

Matched by Ally Condie: One of the most highly-anticipated books of 2010 for me, this one features a love triangle. Another Dystopian love story where society controls who you marry…and our heroine falls for the “other” guy.

Tale as Old as Time: The Art and Making of Beauty and the Beast by Charles Solomon: Not a novel, but full of gorgeous artwork and details about one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I learned so much reading this and fell in love with Belle and Beast all over again.

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: One of the most surprising reads of 2011. I fell in love with these characters. They’re fleshed out and “real;” I want to know more about everyone, even minor characters. Plus, we’ve got a love triangle that’s anyone’s game right now! Can you say Team Tucker and Team Christian? I can!

Warped by Maurissa Guibord: Another lush fantasy, this one merging time travel, unicorns, and Norse mythology. The romance is gorgeous and well-paced. Not too little, not too much. I already want to re-visit this world!

What are the most romantic books you read this past year, Bookworms? What made it so memorable, what made you care?

Comments