Teaser Tuesdays (3) [Double Dose]



I finished one book on my lunch break and moved on to the next one, so you spoiled bookworms get a double dose today!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

To participate:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


W h a t I ' m R e a d i n g :



Human Blend by Lori Pescatore


M y T e a s e r s :



"She vowed to be more careful this time. She would not seek anyone's help. Lesson learned. Laney fought back the tears that threatened to fall as she remembered what happened to the last person who tried to help her. She would not make the same mistake. She was on her own, at least until they found her again."

(~pg. 1 [Opening Paragraph])

I don't read a lot of paranormal authors, but figured I'd give this one a try because 1) It was written by a local author in my County, 2) A couple of bloggers I follow enjoyed it recently, and 3) Who can beat a $2.99 pricetag on an e-book?


The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal (2011 Debut Author)




M y T e a s e r s :



"He stopped short, his eyes fixed on mine. When he spoke again, he sounded tired, like a man at the end of a long journey. 'We hid the princess away so that she would be safe until after her sixteenth birthday. And we replaced her with another baby, a false princess. You.'"

(~pg. 34 [e-book edition/nook sample chapter...because I'm too impatient to wait for my copy to come in the mail next week alongside my Delirium pre-order])


Yay, a new original novel that has a "fairytale" feel to it. I've been waiting to dive into this one!

Comments